miércoles, 3 de mayo de 2017

Killing for Company Interview

Hello Friends, Today I have the pleasure to talk to Killing for a Death metal Band from Norway , very raw stuff. 




Hi guys, let’s talk a little about the beginnings of the band. How was Killing for Company created?
I used to play guitar in a band called Maelström, and when that band disbanded I wanted to continue to play death metal. I then started Killing For Company and we recorded four songs in 2004. Sadly, also we broke up shortly after. In October 2013 Maelström’s debut album “Slaugher of the Dead”was finally released, and that inspired me to write a bunch of new death metal songs. Long story short, Terje, Terje and me started up Killing For Company again, and recorded “House of Hades”. 
What differences are in Between your first demo in 2004  and your new work “House of Hades”?
Well, not much, other than the fact that it’s been 12 years. I also tuned down the guitars to B. I tried to keep it simple, groovy and slow like the first songs I wrote. 

http://killingforcompany.bandcamp.com/ 

How was the design and creation process of the album?
Mark Riddick did the artwork, and Per Spjøtvold did the design. We recorded the album in three different studios over a period of almost a year. Then we sent the album around to labels, and we signed a vinyl contract with a small US label. Nothing happened for 11 months, and then the closed down. We decided to just release the album digitally, and then maybe release it physically later, if we find a label to cooperate with. We’ve had some interest, so we’ll see. 

https://www.facebook.com/killingforco 
 In your opinion, which are the stronger points of the band?
I like to think we’re doing old-school death metal the way it should be. Slow, catchy and groovy. Other people are better to judge us. 


The album sounds very old school death metal, Death and thrash, very epic and dark atmosphere and very great riffs and solos, what do you think?
Yeah, spot on, hehe. The leads are done by friends of the band, the opening lead are by Stian from Khold, who also happens to be the brother of Terje (drums). In Iron Coffin you have Død from Blood Red Throne. A lot of guests on this album. We also use mellotron to create atmosphere. 



      -What are your musical influences?
There is inspiration from old death metal like Bolt Thrower, Death and such, also Maelström. I’ve been doing music like this for 25 years, so the biggest influence is myself. I know my limits, and the way I want things to be.

   My Favourite Song Frontal Assault , what is yours?
Frontal Assault and House of Hades.
Frontal Assault is actually pieced together by a sort of “best of”-collection of riffs from an unreleased rehearsal demo we did with Maelström before we broke up. I listened through the tape, and collected a bunch of my favourite riffs, and then I made Frontal Assault.

     What themes do you touch in your lyrics?
God of Malice: About a religious fanatic
Judas Cradle: A torture device
Iron Coffin: USS Thresher disaster
Frontal Assault: Trench warfare
House of Hades: The underworld
The Last Mourning: Atomic war
Cult Member Corpses: Mass suicide
Marching in Step With Death: War

     How do you see the current scene of the Death metal in your country?
Seems like the Norwegian metalscene are in good health. I don’t follow the scene so closely myselves anymore, but there are some great bands popping up all the time. But Blood Red Throne, Obliteration and Execration are the most known I can think of right now.
       How can the fan get your album?
Right now, they have to search for it on Bandcamp, YouTube, Tidal, Sporify or iTunes. Hopefully, it will be released on cd also.
      What are your future plans?
Well, we have other bands to, so we’ll see how it fits the schedule. 
Terje play drums in Sarke:

The other Terje did some vocals for Khonsu:

I’m working on  a new album with Exeloume:



Thank you very much and congratulations for your great work. If you wish to add something, go ahead…
Thanx for the interview and for the positive review

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario