miércoles, 28 de octubre de 2015

Gutterskull Interview

Hello Friends, Today I have the pleasure to talk to Gutterskull, a one man band  from Croatia , black crust punk, great album.



-          Hi, let’s talk a little about the beginnings of the band. How was Gutterskull created?
I had to quit playing in some local bands as Nuclear Altar, Nonsense, etc… because of responsibilities, time consuming jobs, uncertain future and stuff like that, but I wanted to continue with making similar music so I started GutterSkull as one man band, which is easier for me right now. Also I am into underground music since 80’s, started as hc/punk/art zinemaker, later many diy bands.

-           What differences are in Between your other project, Tenebrositas and your new work  with Gutterskull “ Crawling in Disgust”?
Right, at this moment Tenebrositas is quite active and dedicated to cold and grim Black Metal sound in the vein of early Norway. Both projects are very raw and minimalistic, but GutterSkull is musically different, not so pure in style yet very old fashioned influences.

-           How was the design and creation process of the album?
Riffs came first than everything else. I just tried to found the sound that fits.


-          In your opinion, which are the stronger points of  your new project
Even with the most primitive way I try to write real songs the way I like it, it means something to me. If people like you recognize that, I am satisfied.

-          What are your musical influences?
Well you can guess from the sound, from raw punk to darker types of metal. I listen to other types of music but it’s not that much important for GutterSkull.


-           My Favourite Song is Undead Torment , what is yours?
Glad you like Undead Torment. It’s hard to decide for me, you have songs that are mixing d-beat with slower parts, some songs are all about mid tempo, some just simple straight forward songs, and the last song is a bit different. I like it all, as you see.

-          What themes do you touch in your lyrics?
Apocalyptic, dark visions. Disillusioned and without anything special to preach.  

-          Do you play live this songs in a future?
Not sure right now. Depends on many things.

-          I like very much the album, the music is very raw and primitive, you mixed several styles: Metal, Black, Punk, Crust… what do you think?
Yes, I am keeping it simple even if there are different types of sound working together to create my style at here. Still nothing really new, just what came as natural to me.

-          How do you see the current scene of the  Under  in your country?
My hometown Požega was inspiring with local underground scene, other parts of Croatia have interesting music as well, maybe not the best scene at the world but it is not the worst either.

-          How can the fan get your album?
From Bandcamp in digital form - https://gutterskull.bandcamp.com/ , free or you can show some support. Also available as demo tape, follow https://www.facebook.com/GutterSkull-1637233053203726/ if interested.

What are your future plans?

More recordings when the time comes. Spreading it a bit thanx to people like you.

-          Thank you very much and congratulations for your great work. If you wish to add something, go ahead…
Cheers Hugo, stay real, cheers to your readers too.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario